Four BT delivers efficient construction project delivery tools, services, and support, including LOCALLY RESEARCH DETAILED CONSTRUCTION COST DATA, CLOUD COST ESTIMATING, JOB ORDER CONTRACTING TOOLS, and more!
If you tired of paying tool much and getting poor performance, look to Four BT. Our solutions provide benefits to EVERYONE, real property owners, facilities managers, contractors, architects, and engineers.
Collaboration is critical to efficient construction project delivery and construction deliver method ultimately determines the level of success. Real property owners must provide leadership and treat all service with respect and strive to continuously improve all aspects of facilities life-cycle management.
Job Order Contracting is the most practiced form of collaborative construction delivery. It requires greater expertise, transparency, and a somewhat non-traditional business philosophy.
The derived benefits are significant for all project participants. A properly designed and implemented job order contact can delivery over 90% of renovation, repair, and minor new construction on-time and on-budget, with far fewer change order or legal disputes, and to the satisfaction of all stakeholder.
The Owner receives the higher value at a reasonable cost, while other service providers earn a reasonable profit and also engage in longer term, mutually beneficial relationships.
Emphasis is placed upon best value and life-cycle costs (total cost of ownership) versus first costs.
Job Order Contracting and other LEAN construction delivery methods typically share the following principles.
- Best value procurement
- Early and ongoing collaboration among all project participants
- Jointly developed criteria/scope of work
- Financial Transparency
- Use of common terms, definitions, and data formats (Masterformat)
- Monitoring and key performance indicators – KPI’s
- Shared risk/reward
- Ongoing education and training
- Organizational support, “top-down & bottom-up”
- Global oversight and local action
- Longer term relationships/commitments
- Continuous improvement
- Supporting technologies
- Performance-based incentives
- Mutual trust and respect
- Detailed contract and program/project guide(s)
- Co-location of teams